Committed To You - Since 1956

Answers To The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Workers’ Compensation in North Carolina

Many of our North Carolina clients and prospective clients have similar questions. We provide helpful information by answering these common FAQs about personal injury accidents, workers’ compensation claims, and Social Security Disability claims. If you have any questions about your case, call 336-814-2126 to speak directly with an experienced North Carolina injury lawyer.

I was injured on the job but my employer doesn’t want me to file a workers’ compensation claim. I am afraid I will be fired if I file a claim. I can’t afford to get treatment on my own. What should I do?

We get this question a lot, and the answer depends on the circumstances. The law is on your side and your employer is attempting to deprive you of your rights. We will need to get more specific information about you and your case to advise you. Call Egerton Law at 336-814-2126, and our lawyers and staff will be glad to discuss this matter with you without charge.

I have filed a workers’ compensation claim but I don’t like the doctor that my employer sent me to. I’ve been told that I can’t change doctors and that doesn’t seem fair. What can I do?

It is true that your employer (or the insurance company) has the right to pick your doctor. However, you are not without legal rights and there is a remedy. For an appropriate reason, you can request a change in doctors. However, this requires making a formal request and perhaps a hearing before a deputy commissioner. You will probably need assistance from a lawyer. Call us at Egerton Law, and we will be glad to help.