It is frustrating and frightening to be out of work because of an injury or illness. In addition to dealing with your physical pain, you often must deal with significant financial issues. Social Security (SS) Disability benefits can help ease the financial strain and help pay for expensive medical bills and lost wages.
However, the Social Security Administration (SSA) does not always approve your claim the first time you apply. Sometimes you have to fight for the benefits you legally deserve. Your claim can be denied, leaving you to appeal the decision and wait for the financial help you so desperately need.
In order to maximize your chances of receiving fair benefits, contact Egerton Law at 1-800-800-4529. When you call, you will speak directly to an SS Disability lawyer.
We Answer Your Questions About Social Security Disability
Applying for SS Disability benefits may seem like a daunting task, but waiting for a response and sometimes having to appeal a denial can be stressful and discouraging. Working with a skilled and experienced SS Disability lawyer can be very helpful in guiding you through the entire application process. Our lawyers are available to answer every question you have about how to proceed. Here are answers to some of our clients’ frequently asked questions about SS Disability benefits:
- When will I receive my Social Security Disability benefits? Disability benefits can start after five months of disability. In order to get your benefits beginning in the sixth month of disability, it is important to file your SS claim when you believe that an illness or injury will prevent you from working for at least 12 months or if your condition is terminal.
- How and when will I get my money? Social Security benefits are paid monthly—either by check or direct deposit.
- Is my family eligible for any other benefits? Your family may be eligible for other benefits such as supplemental security income, Medicare, widow/widower's benefits, adult disabled child benefits, or benefits for the blind.
- If my claim was denied, can I file a Social Security Disability appeal? Yes! You should file an appeal if your claim was denied. Many claims that are initially rejected are approved on appeal, especially if the claimant is represented by an experienced SS Disability lawyer.
- Do I need a Social Security Disability lawyer? You do need a lawyer. SS Disability claims are more successful when claimants are represented by experienced lawyers. As your SS Disability representatives, the lawyers of Egerton Law will not be paid unless you recover benefits.
Speak Directly to an Egerton Law Attorney
A serious illness or injury changes your life and the lives of your family members. Do not let lost income compound your problems. Instead, call the experienced North Carolina SS Disability attorneys of Egerton Law, and let us assist you. For more than 50 years, we have been helping injured people and their families. Our skilled and compassionate lawyers are here for you. Call 1-800-800-4529 for help receiving your SS Disability benefits.