Beyond Bodily Injury
We at Egerton Law understand that with every motorcycle accident, personal injury can extend beyond the physical-often both the victim and family members suffer financial and non-economic losses as well. It's important to remember that each case is unique, and an experienced lawyer can best advise you as to the compensation to which you may be entitled.
Navigating Insurance Company Tactics
Motorcycle crash victims face an added burden because North Carolina is a contributory negligence state. This means, if the defendant can prove any fault on the part of the motorcyclist, they may be able to avoid liability by showing the victim's negligence played some role in causing the accident.
Insurance companies use this defense to persuade victims and their families into accepting a low settlement. With the help of our attorneys, you can be assured of making decisions regarding available options and compensation that are in the best interests of your family.
Types of Collisions
Often, a driver who has hit a motorcyclist will claim that he or she never saw the bike. This assertion happens so frequently that police have an acronym for it: LBFS (looked but failed to see). This inattentiveness to traffic conditions can be fatal to a rider.
Other common causes of motorcycle accidents where a driver may be to blame:
- Car or truck turns into the motorcyclist's right of way
- Distracted, impaired, or drowsy driving
- Reckless speeding
- Road hazards
- Failure to yield
- Tailgating and/or misjudging distance
In these and other situations, the key question for victims is whether the driver was unreasonably careless or whether the driver broke any safety rules. A driver who was negligent or who violated the rules of the road can be sued by victims for losses caused by the crash.
Motorcycle accidents can destroy lives and impair futures. The personal injury lawyers of Egerton Law have helped hundreds of families put their lives back together again.
- Deal directly with the insurance company
- Ensure you receive the medical care you need
- Correct errors on the official Crash Report
- Aggressively investigate your accident
- Review early settlement offers
- File a lawsuit on your behalf
- Obtain financial compensation for lost wages
- Pursue punitive damages if applicable
- Lost time at work and future lost work
- Current and future medical and physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
Call Our Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys for Help
The skilled and compassionate lawyers at Egerton Law will help you recover the damages you legally deserve. We understand you are anxious about your future and want answers to your legal questions. Call us at 1-800-800-4529, and speak directly with a motorcycle accident lawyer. Whether we settle your case or go to trial, you won't pay us anything unless you recover damages.