I have filed a workers' compensation claim but I don't like the doctor that my employer sent me to. I've been told that I can't change doctors and that doesn't seem fair. What can I do?

It is true that your employer (or the insurance company) has the right to pick your doctor. However, you are not without legal rights and there is a remedy. For an appropriate reason you can request a change in doctors. However, this requires making a formal request and perhaps a hearing before a deputy commissioner. You will probably need assistance from a lawyer. Call us at Egerton Law, P.A. and we will be glad to help.