Egerton Law represents clients throughout the state of North Carolina including: Guilford County, Forsyth County, Randolph County, Rockingham County, Montgomery County, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, Asheboro, Kernersville, Burlington, Graham, Mebane, Thomasville, Denton, Eden, Reidsville, Salisbury, Walkertown, Belews Creek, Clemmons, Jamestown, Randleman, Madison, Siler City, Climax and Elon.
On these beautiful (and HOT!) summer days, many people enjoy biking along Triad roadways. Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or just beginning your bicycling journey, Egerton Law encourages you to keep these safety tips in mind to prevent serious injuries.
–Keep your bike tuned up! Make sure that seats and handlebars are at the appropriate heights, tires are properly inflated, and keep your chain clean of debris.
–Always carry a spare. Bring along a bike tire repair kit, and make sure you know how to use it. Local bike shops can train you on the items you need in your kit and how to perform the repair
–Be seen! In addition to adding lights to the front and back of your bike, wear reflective clothing to increase your visibility to cars and trucks on your route.
–Wear a helmet. This day and age it should go without saying that a helmet is absolutely essential for anyone cycling on roadways. Head injuries can be greatly minimized by taking this simple step. Be sure your helmet fits properly to ensure the greatest protection.
While you’re at it, get familiar with the rules of the road published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
In 2017 there were 1,024 reported deaths from bicycle injuries. Take every precaution to make sure that you don’t become a statistic.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a bicycle accident, contact an attorney to determine how you can best protect your legal rights. The attorneys at Egerton Law have represented injured cyclists for years. Call us or fill out a web contact form and we will call you.
The most important thing you can do after a bicycle injury is to seek the medical care that you need to help you recover. But the most important thing you can do before a bicycle injury is practice these safety tips to prevent it from ever happening.
Has your life been disrupted by an accident causing serious injury or death? Do you or someone you know need a lawyer’s counsel? You can get help at the Egerton Law website. The Egerton Law firm and its personal injury attorneys want to help you. Call us at 336-814-2126. E-mail us at [email protected]
Facts about the Egerton Law firm:
- We have built a tradition of helping injured people and their families since the firm was established in 1956.
- We have handled cases in North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, New York, the District of Columbia, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and U.S. District Court. We have fought cases all the way to the United States Supreme Court.
- Firm founder Lawrence Egerton has a personal understanding of the challenges someone faces after being hurt in a wreck, having suffered a serious injury in a rear-end collision in 1996.
- Our website offers resources on legal issues, informational videos, and a free download of Lawrence’s book “Don’t Follow Too Close.”
Have you had a wreck and the insurance company is:
- Pressuring you to give a statement? (Don’t give a statement without consulting us.)
- Refusing to get you a rental car?
- Making it hard for you to get medical payments?
- Generally giving you a hard time?
Take action and help us to help you. Call or email: 336-814-2126, [email protected]. We can advise you on whether you have a case, how to get a wrecked vehicle paid for and how to get medical care. You will always speak to an attorney on your first call.